Pages

Monday, September 16, 2013

21

I don't know about you, but I'm feelin' twenty- wait. I'm twenty one.

Sorry T-swift, maybe next year I'll sing this song.


I have a little confession...I've actually hated getting older each year, and I know that it sounds ridiculous because I'm only 21. But this year I'm actually kind of excited. And no it's not just because I can drink now.

I don't actually celebrate birthdays, but of course I recognize them. Even though I don't do anything special my aunt still insisted on getting me a gift.

I have a deep and affectionate love for Forever 21.


I feel like I'm appreciating what I have more, instead of focusing on what is still wrong. And don't get me wrong there's still moments or almost whole days where I pity party, but I've gotten so much better at controlling those thoughts and re-directing them in a more positive light. I'm becoming happier with myself and who I am. And I think that's really part of growing up. You live and learn so much. It's really incredible how much I've learned this past few years, and although things will never be easy, I know there's always going to be a brighter day coming...


So enjoy your Monday, and I'm going to go have a pina colada with my new bottle of Malibu. Go on and treat yourselves too!

P.S. I'm not a big drinker, but I do like to enjoy something good once in awhile, so if anyone has any yummy, fruity (girly) drinks...especially gluten free, comment below!




               

No comments:

Post a Comment